Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Day Cleaning Dishes

A Day Cleaning The Dishes

 
 
 
They sit there patiently waiting for someone to clean them
 
They feel dirty and disgusting
 
I hate washing the dishes
 
It's a chore I always have to force myself to do.
 
 
 
The dish detergent looks like it wants to be used
 
it wants to do it's job and help those dirty dishes get their shine back
 
I fill up the sink, dreading every second of it
 
and finally pop open to detergent and pour some into the water filled sink
 
bubbles appear everywhere and a fresh smell fills the kitchen
 
 
 
I have finally sucked it up and decided to do the dishes
 
one by one I place the dirty dishes into the soapy water
 
wash the plates, glasses, forks and knives,
 
scrubbing and placing the clean dishes down to dry
 
 
 
FINALLY, the dishes that were once so dirty
 
are now sqeaky clean
 
clean enough to see your reflection in them,
 
I must have outdone myself with these one I thought to myself.
 
 
As I turn around to finally sit down and relax
 
I see my little brother running to the cupboard to grab a glass and a plate,My temper started to boil
 
as I said, "you better be planning on washing that dish once you're finished mister!!"
 
.....Oh, whyyyyy bother
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! Fun poem here. Love the images and not so subtle despair!

    ReplyDelete